After the success of my first try in making fabric boxes (or buckets, as I am calling them), I kinda wanted to make another one today. So when I was rooting around in my bins of fabric and came across some that that I had silk screened this spring back when we lived in Richmond, I figured, a bucket would be a good use of this fabric.
I probably have less than 10 pieces of silk screened fabric like this – I had no idea what I would use it for when I was printing it… until today – time to make another fabric bucket!
Here’s my really floppy form. I used a dark charcoal gray felt for the innard part.
I didn’t have any bias tape that would match, so I decided to make some faux bias tape by ironing some yellowish – wheat colored grograin ribbon in half.
Voila! Not too bad, but I am still having issues with the innard part being a little too small, so the outer part always has a little pleat. I think I know what I need to do next time, and even if I do have a little pleat, to place it where it looks intentional.
It is currently holding some of the mini-albums I have made recently. I am quite pleased because not only did I sew the bucket, I also “made” the design on the fabric – so there is Tingaling all over this puppy!