It all started with a book:
Yarbs had purchased this (extremely random) book maybe a year ago and wanted to do some projects out of it, since she has a plethora of t-shirts for some reason.
So here are the one-of-a-kind, couture pieces that Yarbs ended up with…
(Scrunch) It Girl
Before (boring, too big, lifeless, etc)
During (hard at work!)
It turned out really cute! I really like the contrast stitching we added.
Unfort, not all of our attempts turned out as cute…
Yarbs in the Hood(ie)
Cuttin’ It Up
This one wasn’t too bad – I nipped in the sides so it was a bit more fitted for her. It was a no-sew project, so the raw edges made it seem a bit unfinished. Didn’t help that the cutter (Yarbs) cut a bit unevenly…
One of the most successful designs (and also very timely) was this one:
Cute halter! And we made the back the front, which I really like.
Altering t-shirts is not my favorite sewing activity, but it was good to try something new. I realized that sewing is not really a communal activity, thus not all that well suited for Craft Monday.
Next week we are going to work on some mini-albums, so I really need to get all my photos uploaded and printed out. Sigh – even now I have homework! But it will be good – as I have many mini-books that I need to use up.